Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The blindest wish: A Pantoum

The blindest wish I ever made 
(I thought there'd be no tomorrow!)
lightly I said, I did not wait:
"May I know no more sorrow."

I thought there'd be no tomorrow
or I would have wished for grit,
"May I know no more sorrow"
what could be falser in ev'ry bit?

I would have wished for grit
that comes slowly, at last, at length
- what could be falser in ev'ry bit
to ask for more than bits of strength

that comes slowly, at last, at length
- as more days, more evenings fade,
to ask for more than bits of strength
is the blindest wish I ever made. 


(thanks to Eytan fox and Gal Uchovsky)

3 comments:

Shalini Sharma said...

"what could be falser in every bit
to ask for more than bits of strength" ---profound!!

tbsingh said...

nice lines !

DS said...

Very nice :)